Carborne Control / Signaling Platform
• Common ControlSafe safety architecture boosts flexibility of solution selection
• Hardware-based voting mechanism maximizes application software transparency
The ControlSafe® Carborne Platform from SMART Embedded Computing is comprised of two redundant, low profile ControlSafe Carborne Computers (CCC), each of which shares the core safety, I/O, and availability architecture and hardware of the ControlSafe® Computer. The ControlSafe® Carborne Platform and ControlSafe Carborne Computer can provide SIL4 processing and I/O or serve as an I/O expansion box/platform (similar to SMART EC’s ControlSafe® Expansion Box Platform on smaller scale). While lower in profile, the ControlSafe Carborne Computer chassis offers high I/O density, and DC input power. The ControlSafe Carborne Computer can accommodate up to 12 I/O modules and a variety of I/O types (including SMART EC’s upcoming UART and digital I/O modules). Supporting front access for I/O modules and power supply, the ControlSafe Carborne Platform is optimized for on-board or carborne applications. It can also easily support DC-powered wayside solutions. The ControlSafe Carborne Platform is designed to operate as a redundant active/standby platform (whether as master or expansion), managed by the hardware/firmware Direct Connect Algorithm (internal) logic, providing the same fail-safe, highly available operation as the ControlSafe Computer. The ControlSafe Carborne Platform is also SIL4-certified in a simplex configuration.
Deployable in both wayside and carborne applications, the ControlSafe platform is designed to support a broad range of I/O modules such as CAN, Ethernet, UART, digital input/output and future, analog and GPS/Wireless modules to enable solution integrators to handle both new deployments and upgrade projects easily. SMART EC has also cooperated with customers to support user developed specific I/O solutions to meet unique application requirements.
The ControlSafe Carborne Platform provides rail infrastructure providers and system integrators with a cost-effective way to substantially accelerate time-to-market without incurring the high costs and risks of the SIL4 certification process.
With all reliability, availability, maintainability and safety (RAMS) processes certified to EN50126, all safety-related software to EN50128, and hardware to EN50129 by TÜV SÜD, one of the most trusted certification bodies worldwide, SMART EC’s ControlSafe Platform can be deployed in SIL4 safety application environments to protect investments in rail infrastructure.
- Highly integrated COTS safety platform designed to be certified to SIL4
- Compact, versatile platform suitable for both carborne and wayside applications
- Common ControlSafe safety architecture boosts flexibility of solution selection
- Designed to deliver platform hardware availability of six nines (99.9999%)
- A modular and scalable solution enables both new deployments and upgrade projects
- Innovative data lock-step architecture allows seamless technology upgrades
- Hardware-based voting mechanism maximizes application software transparency
- Rugged design compliant with IEC 61373 and EN 50155
- 15 years product life and 25 years of service available
- Backed by a global service organization